This is a regular maintenance update, which is free for all Help+Manual 6 users. The update addresses several minor problems that surfaced since the initial release last November.
- Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down keeps focus in editor.
- Insert snippet dialog box is now sizable.
- Glitch with height calculation of multi-line image captions in editor fixed (in some rare cases, image captions were too high).
- MathType (formula editor) OLE objects update bug fixed.
- When saving HMXZ as HMXP, the reference in the XSL file still pointed to the internal old project name.
- Editing styles dialog box: glitch when defining print styles differently than screen styles, while print settings actually inherit from the parent style or from defaults
- Help & Manual 2 Go server: HTML pages are served with a header that force the browser to clear the local cache everytime.
- Webhelp: small bug in navigation script fixed (expand all or expand top level on load did not work), preloading TOC icons failed. TOC expand/collapse did not work when TOC was scrolled down.
- HTML image toggles in lightboxes: the compiler switch <IF_TOGGLES> was still true for lightbox toggle images.
- HTML/CSS modifications: small glitch in Webhelp keyword index fixed, heading1 to heading6 styles inherited a browser default font weight “bold”. If a heading style has a regular font-weight, this is now explicitely defined in the CSS.
- Toggle images in lightboxes: explicit z-index added to avoid conflicts with other Webhelp designs that use a z-index explicitely.
- MSIE “edge” tag implemented in standard templates and skins. This tag forces Internet Explorer to use its best and most advanced mode in any case.
IPAD Export and EXE e-books:
- IPad/ePUB: modified <td> tags – explicit width and height were removed to avoid problems with several ePUB readers with fixed tables.
- EXE ebooks: images with blanks in file names (and other special characters) did not work in EXE e-books.
- Batch export: delete temporary files for ePUB was ignored.
- Batch export: include builds were ignored under certain conditions.
- PDF configuration: PDF template setting has been removed from the configuration, as the template is set directly in the publishing dialog.
- Publishing dialog: the PDF manual template preview image function raised an error, if an MNL template was damaged – it now silently ignores the error and displays a generic preview image.
- Centered or right-aligned images with a caption appeared left-aligned in PDF.
- First blank line after an embedded topic was deleted while merging the content.
- PDF and RTF export: if a dropdown toggle was set to “not print expanded”, an error occured.
- When the editor option “Show paragraph marks” was on and automatic hyphenation was active as well, the text space was calculated too large in the PDF file.
- Problem with character spacing in Russian documents fixed.
- A couple of glitches in the German UI translation fixed.
- Spell checker hyphenation with German hyphenation dictionary: if a word contained the character ™, the German dictionary returned a damaged string.
Please download version 6.0.2 from this link.